2. College and Hometown and Profession?
I grew up in Kingwood, TX and graduated from Stephens College in Columbia, MO with a Bachelor of Communications with an Emphasis in Broadcasting. After working in LA for a television show and for Marriott as a corporate event planner, I am now a proud stay at home mom to our 2 beautiful children. I also manage our vacation rental property in Galveston (Allsport member discounts always available) and help out at our 2 independent pharmacies in Houston.
3. How did you find out about AllSport?
After having my 2nd child, I was looking for a close box to resume crossfit and get back into shape. Allsport just happened to be opening that month.
4. Favorite thing about CrossFit?
Crossfit allows for something different every day. I do still go to the gym sometimes, but it can be so boring! I love not knowing what to expect each day and being challenged!
5. Favorite WOD/Least Favorite WOD or Movement?
So call me crazy, but my favorite WOD is Fight Gone Bad. It’s a great long cardio workout along with some of my favorite things like wall balls and rowing. I secretly love days we do a bunch of rowing too! My least favorite WOD would be anything with pull-ups or any kind of snatch. Ugh.
6. WOD Nemesis, who do you battle or measure yourself against consistently?
When I started back to crossfit, I came back with one of my BFFs, Amanda Melvin. I would say she definitely pushes me to do more weight when she knows I can. She’s a good WOD partner that way.
7. Married how long, kids?, Dating or Single?
My husband, Omar, and I have been together since 2007, and have 2 fantastic kids. Zayne is 4 and Zaid is 2 and both keep us on our toes on a daily basis!
8. Cats or Dogs?
I’m an animal lover, but dogs and horses would probably be my favorite.
9. How long have you been at AllSport?
Since the month they opened!
10. What gains have been most impressive to you, weight loss, strength gain etc?
I’m mostly impressed with my weight loss from Crossfit. After having 2 kids any mom will tell you, that weight loss can be rough. However, I mostly strive for fitness goals and how my clothes fit rather than a number on the scale.
11. If you were stranded on a desert island and could take only one piece of equipment, what would it be?
Favorite equipment would have to be a rowing machine or kettle bell.
12. Strict Zone/Paleo or Mexican and Margaritas Kind of Paleo?
I try to stick to a fairly Paleo diet, but I love to go out for dinner. Also, I never pass up ice cream or frozen yogurt with my kids. One life to live!
13. How long did it take to get your first Pull-up or Muscle Up?
Well considering I despise pull-ups, a good year or so since I rarely practice.
14. Class time you regularly attend? Why?
“Moms & Cops” 9:15a. This works best for my schedule after I drop my kids at school! I also love the camaraderie we have in that class, and none of us take it too seriously. It’s gotta be fun or why do it!
15. What movement(s) are you best at? Why?
Probably back squat would be one of my favorites because I’m fairly good at it and it makes my legs and butt look good.
16. What movement(s) are you worst at? What are you doing to get better at them?
Oh I am down right awful at double-unders, and honestly have no desire to get better at them. It may sound horribly negative (I’m a very positive person), but I have no problem going through the rest of my life without mastering them. It’s just not on my “to-do” list!
17. Beach and Sand or Snow and Skis?
I love both!
18. Three times a week or Unlimited?
Definitely unlimited. Strive to do something active everyday!
19. CrossFit has helped me be a better _____________? You fill in the blank (ex. Dad, Softball Player, Husband, Nurse etc…)
Crossfit has helped me become a better mom. I think teaching both my kids about leading a healthy lifestyle and having a healthy body image is really important.
20. If I could write the WOD on the board? What would it be? (You write the Strength and WOD)
Strength: 3×5 backsquat
–Buy in- Run Eastside
(you can row instead, but you have to row until the last runner comes in- I like options)
Kettle Bell swings
–Buy out- run to West Alabama or Eastside if you want to be really cool
(did I mention I love to run?)